SAINT GOBAIN HEADQUARTERS

Situated at a stone’s throw from the Imperial Palace, the site is at the confluence of two different urban tissues, crossing each other at a slight angle, both tangents to the oval city grid surrounding the Imperial Palace. Hence, the building marries in the heights two volumes with different orientations at ground level. Each volume has a different day and night luminescence expressed by the choice of different glass types. Respective of the various regulations in terms of heights, the building tends to make the best use of it. Housing the well-known glass producer Saint-Gobain, glass of various sorts is indeed abundantly used inside and outside the building: especially the management rooms on the 7th floor are seated in a glass cube equipped with vertical and horizontal electrical blind system. From the pale green to the complete transparency, all the colors and the textures of the building derive from the historical palette of the glass.
1776 Projects