The Hotel Angst is a listed building of great architectural and landscape value. It is one of the most important examples of eclectic and representation architecture on the French and Italian Riviera, built at the end of the 19th century and featuring neo-Renaissance and neo-baroque design attributes.
Its construction began in 1887 and was completed in the early 20th century, when the hotel was extended to its current configuration. The building was closed in 1936 and is currently in a state of severe deterioration.
The restoration project, designed by architect Michele De Lucchi, proposes careful recovery works and a functional re-arrangement of the internal layout. The building will feature accommodation and residential facilities. The project also includes works on the park to restore green areas and promenades.
Photo credits: Milan Ingegneria