NUOVO PALAZZO DI GIUSTIZIA DI PESARO

Designer: MTA ASSOCIATI
Date: 2005
The Palace of Justice is located on the edge of the historical centre, linked to the areas of recent expansion, and it is conceived for being as permeable as possible. Access through the main entrance on Piazzale Carducci brings to a large internal court with a garden into which all the public routes of the system lead. The large bright halls have human scale dimensions and glass partitions through which to assist at the debates. The heart of the system is a light metallic structure, raised to ten metres above ground and surmounted by a large skylight from which natural light filters down to the garden below. Covered in fabric, the metal cage contains the reading room of the library and represents the expressive fulcrum of the composition. Careful consideration of the various groups of users and the reasons for their presence within the building gave birth therefore to an unusual model of a building, with balanced architectural forms, natural light in its interior and the opening of the work spaces to the public eye. Outside the building is faced with large handmade slabs of terracotta, in a colour that recalls the bricks of the Palazzo Ducale. Its shape, its position in the city and the large internal public square that can be freely crossed, compete in defining the urban importance of the whole structure.
1778 Projects