“CHRIST'S RESURRECTION" CHURCH

Countries: ITALY
Engineering: REDESCO
Date: 2004
The place, the industrial periphery of Sesto San Giovanni, and the existing building to be demolished, a “warehouse” Church built in the Sixties, generated a simple project, which deals with the difficult problem of a contemporary Church without indulging in any structural exhibitionism or in free figurative attempts. The simple rectangle of the central space is inflected by two sails frescoed by Helene Delprat and surrounded by a series of transition spaces with the city, the parish center, the soccer field. Façade and bell tower are treated as autonomous elements which embrace the concave forecourt, protecting it from the back noise of the city.
Photo credits: Cino Zucchi Architetti
1781 Projects