ARCHITECTURE FACULTY

Cities: TOURNAI
Countries: BELGIUM
Date: 2017
The project occupies the interior of a historical city block where buildings from different identities and periods coexist. 
There are two industrial buildings and a convent that has been used as a hospital. 
The new building is positioned in order to bond together each of these structures and to define new external spaces. 
All the existing buildings are connected vertically and horizontally throughout the block. 
Inside, public functions are sheltered, like the foyer and auditorium, operating not only as passage spaces and meeting places but also as a part of a new identity. 

Photo credits: Tim Van de Velde
1645 Projects