Mario Campi was born in Zurich, Switzerland in April, 1936. He studied at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (M Arch 1960).
From 1962 to 1966, he has been principal of Mario Campi Franco Pessina Architects, based in Lugano and Zurich.
Niki Piazzoli joined the office in 1969 to give birth to: CCP, Campi Pessina Pizzoli Architects. Piazzoli left CCp in 1983.
Campi has been lecturer abd design critic at the ETH Zurich from 1974 to 1977, at Syracuse, Harvard GSD, Columbia, Cornell and Princeton University, from 1977 until 1985, when he got the Professorship for Architecture and Urban Design at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETHZ at Zurich.
He was appointed Dean of the Department of Architecture in 1988.
Since January 1997, Mario Campi is the only principal of CCP, Mario Campi Architetti FAS e Associati, in Zurich and Lugano.