Born in Viareggio in 1949, graduated in Florence in 1974 under Leonardo Savioli. He then took a Master’s in Architecture at the Architectural Association in London and the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Since the early ’70 he has focused on the relationship between ecology and architecture. In 1977 he published “The Solar House”, a monographic study on bioclimatic architecture.
In 2000 he won the international competition for the building of the Palos Verdes Art Center in Los Angeles. His professional activity also includes urban furnishing projects, commercial interiors and preparing exhibitions.
He has taught architectural planning and design at several universities including the University of California in Berkeley, the Technion Institute in Haifa, Israel and the Univeristy of Toronto. At present he is Adjunct professor at Syracuse University and at Kent State University in Florence and in the United States.