Cino Zucchi was born in Milano in 1955. He graduated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.) in 1978 and at the Politecnico di Milano in 1979, where he is currently Chair Professor of Architectural and Urban Design and member of the teaching board of the Doctorate (Ph.D.) at the Faculty of Architecture - Campus Leonardo of the Politecnico di Milano. He has been teaching architecture in many international seminars and has been visiting professor at the Syracuse University in Florence in 1989 and 1990 and at the ETH in Zürich in 1997 and 1998.
With the Zucchi Architetti studio, of which he is the principal, he has designed and realized many industrial, residential and public buildings, a number of projects
for public spaces, renewal of agricultural, industrial and historical areas. He has participated to many national and international competitions.
The urban renewal for the former-Junghans factory in the Venice has been awarded mentions at the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture - Fundaciò Mies van der Rohe Award - Barcelona 2001, at the Medaglia d’oro dell’Architettura Italiana 1995-2003, 2004-2006 at the Brick Award 2004 and awarded the Piranesi Award 2001, the “Comune di Venezia“ Architecture Award 2005 and the ECOLA Award 2008, in the category "Black Bread Architecture".